European online gambling market shows significant growth

The European Gambling and Betting Association (EGBA) has shared the results of a large-scale study of the gambling industry in 2018. According to the organization, over the specified period, the online gambling industry grew by 11%, and the same dynamics is expected by the end of 2019.

The total market volume last year amounted to 95.7 billion euros, of which 73 .5 billion accounted for land-based gambling establishments, lotteries and bookmakers. Online casino revenues amounted to 22.2 billion euros (23.2% of the entire industry), which is 2.2 billion more than in 2017.

The Association has recorded a record activity of European residents in turning to gambling on the World Wide Web. Sports betting was the most popular (42.5%), the share ofonline casinos, including slot machines, was 32.4%. Also, lotteries (12.6%), poker (5%), bingo (4.3%) and other gambling games are in demand on the Internet.

График популярности азартных онлайн игор в Европпе
Chart of online gambling popularity

At the end of 2018, the personal computer remained the most popular platform for accessing online gambling. More than 57% of bets were made from PC, the remaining 43% were made from mobile devices. Analysts expect that by 2021 gamblers will mainly use Android and iOS smartphones and tablets.

Also, according to the association's forecasts, online gambling revenues will steadily increase in the next three years. At the end of 2019, it is expected to grow to 24.5 billion euros, and by 2022 - to 29.3 billion euros.

Richard "Boz" Bosworth is the main partner and CEO of the young company JC Hospitality, LLC ...
Position: Author of analytical materials Higher education Age: 24 years old Experience: more than 5 years Brief biography: Born on March 24, 1997 in the city of Volkhov, Leningrad Region. In 2015, he successfully graduated from a secondary school, after which he entered the Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics...
There are no reviews yet. Help other users with a choice - be the first to share your opinion about this review and get a unique bonus.
To add a comment, please log in: