Blackjack rules: how to play cards for beginners
Blackjack is a card game that has been popular for several centuries. The reason is the ability to increase the chances of winning through the use of strategies. But before moving on to mastering them, you need to understand the rulesblackjack.
- History of the Card Game
- Terminology for Beginners
- Important Blackjack Rules
- Playing Etiquette
- Popular Strategies
- Tips for Beginner Players
- Frequently Asked Questions
History of the Card Game
The debate about the origins of blackjack continues today. But there are two main versions:
- In 1440, the game Trentuno originated in Italy. The rules are completely the same as blackjack. The only difference is that to win, the participants scored 31 points instead of 21.
- Vingt et Un, which means "Twenty and One", appeared in France in the 17th century. But its rules are different from the modern game.
Existing versions make it clear that blackjack has European roots. However, it owes its popularity to American immigrants. At the beginning of the 20th century, they brought the game to the States, where the owners of local casinos gave it its current name, added bonuses and side bets.
Blackjack's popularity peaked in the 50s and 60s, when mathematical methods for obtaining advantage over the casino.
- by promo code
Terminology for beginners
Blackjack uses special vocabulary. Basic concepts:
- Player — participant in the distribution, competes against the casino.
- Dealer (croupier) — is responsible for the distribution.
- Hand - a set of player or dealer cards.
- Shuffle- a machine for shuffling the deck.
- Boxing - place for betting.
- Shoes (shoe) - special device for decks.
- Chip— выступает внутренней валютой казино. Имеет разный номинал. Обменивается на наличные в кассе игорного заведения.
- Soft hand— An ace in a player's or dealer's combination can be worth either 1 or 11 points.
- Hard hand 904 — туз в комбинации приравнивается к единице или отсутствует в ней.
- Hit (More) - make an addition.
- Double Down ( Double)- Double the initial bet.
- Stand (Enough)- Refuse to add.
- Split (Split) 916 — две карты одного номинала можно разбить на отдельные боксы за дополнительную ставку.
- Surrender (Refuse) - end the participation in the game.
Important Blackjack Rules
For distribution, standard 52-card decks are used. Their number depends onBlackjack versions.
But the more decks involved, the higher the house edge:
|Number of decks||House edge|
Goal of the game
The main task is to collect a more valuable hand than the dealer's. Ideally, it should bring 21 points. If two starting cards give that amount, it's blackjack.
It's important to avoid overscoring. If more than 21 is accumulated, the loss is automatically counted.
Before the hand begins, the croupier shuffles and cuts the deck. Then he lays out two cards face-up on each active box. He gives himself the same amount. But the first card is placed face down. Thus, the player can estimate the chances of the croupier winning.
After the distribution of starting cards, the participant is the first to act. He decides on each box. Next, the croupier goes - makes an addition if the total points are less than 17.
Playing blackjack cards is easier than playing poker. There is no need to collect complex combinations. It is enough to learn how to correctly assess the strength of your hands.
A table can include from three to ten boxes. The rules of the blackjack game do not prohibit placing bets on several of them at once. In this case, the dealer deals two cards for each box. The combinations assembled on the basis of them are compared separately. Thanks to this, you can get several payouts in one hand.
As for the size of bets, the minimum and maximum limits are regulated by the selected table. Going beyond the designated limits is prohibited by the rules. If a player wants to bet less or more than what is available, he must move to another table.
Many casinos accept side bets in order to diversify the gameplay. They are calculated separately from the main ones and in most cases are not tied to the outcome of the hand.
The most common options for side bets:
|Type||Name of the field on the table||Explanations|
|Perfect Pairs||Perfect Pairs||The player bets that he will get a pair from the first hand|
|Hi -low 13||HiLo 13||The player bets on what value his first two cards will have - less than, greater than or equal to 13 points|
|Bonus 1016||Bonus||The bet is played when the player receives a suited starting hand|
When the dealer has an ace up, he offers the player to buy insurance against 1026black jack. To do this, you need to deposit in the bank an amount equal to half of the original bet. If the second card gives 10 points, the participant receives a payout of 2:1.
When the dealer does not score 21 points, the insurance goes to the casino and the game continues as usual.
At the final stage, the croupier sums up the results by summing up the points for cards dealt:
|Value||Number of points|
|From 2 to 10||At face value|
|Jack, Queen , king||10|
|Ace||11 or 1 — depending on the game situation|
Beginners often have difficulty determining the value of an ace . When a hand gives more than 21 points, A is equal to one. If there is no bust, the ace is worth 11 points.
After scoring, the final results of the hand are summed up:
- If the player gets a stronger hand than the dealer, he wins and takes the payout 1 to 1.
- For the player's collected blackjack, the winnings are 3 to 2.
- If the dealer gets a stronger hand, the player loses his bet.
- In the event of a tie, the chips are returned back or go in favor of the casino, depending on the current rules at the table.
Guests gambling establishments must behave according to the etiquette, which provides for the following:
- Chips are bought at the casino cash desk.
- The client can take any free seat at the active table.
- If obscureclear rules, politely ask the dealer for clarifications.
- Do not speak loudly during the game.
- It is not allowed to give advice to others participants or comment on their actions.
- It is forbidden to touch the rumpe: aadministration of the establishment may regard this as a fraudulent act.
- You can't change your bet once you've received your starting hand.
- Leave the tabletipping the dealer to thank him for playing well .
Meaning of gestures
Participants in hands do not have to announce their actions and moves aloud. Gestures can be used:
- If an addition is needed, point the index finger directly towards the deck or sweep the hand across the table.
- To indicate the intention to stop, wave towards the next participant, and with the hand overlap the received cards on the box.
- For a double, the extra chips are moved to the existing stack in the pot.
- To split, place an equal amount next to the original bet and reveal your cards. Then raise the index and middle fingers up.
- In case of a bust, the cards are revealed.
To be successful at the table, it is not enough to know the rules ofblack jack for beginners. It is also necessary to master popular strategies. They will help reduce the house edge.
Popular strategies include:
- Passwords. Increase the initial bet after each win by 1.5-2 times. You need to start with the minimum amount. They return to it every time they lose.
- Parlay. Decisions are made based on the table above. Upon receipt of a win, the next bet is doubled, in case of failure, it is returned to the original amount.
- Martingale.After each loss, the bet is doubled. When they receive a reward, they return to the initial amount.
How to track cards
Another popular strategy is Hilo. The bottom line is to keep track of the cards that came out of the deck:
- Up to six - plus 1.
- Seven, eight, nine - 0.
- Ten and older - minus 1 .
Carefulcounting cards in blackjack. Negative value folds, positive value doubles.к оглавлению ↑
Tips for beginners
Pros recommend beginners to adhere to the following principles:
- Do not copy the croupier's actions.The approach is inefficient due to the fact that the dealer does not do splits and doublings. When a player repeats the dealer's moves, he only increases the advantage of the house.
- Do not stop at 12-16 points. The probability of busting with such a hand is not very high, so it is better to take another card.
- Don't split a pair of tens. They make a valuable combination with a high chance of winning, so splitting is not profitable for the player.
- Don't call "enough" on a hard 17 and draw on soft 17s.The approach does not allow for a winning game.
Frequently asked questions
How to quickly memorize the rules?
Play a few hands of interest in demo mode. 1302
Выгодно ли покупать страховку?
The probability that the dealer will have 10, J, Q or K with an open ace is less than 30%. For this reason, insurance is considered unprofitable. At a distance, due to its payment, players go into the red.
Should I make side bets?
No, they also do not bring the expected benefit.
Is it possible play blackjack online for real money?
Yes, real money tables are available at the online casino.
Which game variations have the lowest house edge?
Baden-Baden and classic blackjack.
Is it possible to play online with live dealers?
Yes, online casinos have live tables with real croupiers .
Is it possible to constantly win with the help of strategies?
No, they only reduce the advantage of the casino.